How do you step into your customer’s shoes if you don’t know what kind of shoes they wear?
Creating customer profiles or personas using details about your best customers will help you to attract more customers like them.
When you know specific things about your best customers, you can:
- Create marketing messages that show you understand their struggles and aspirations
- Save time and money
- Potentially shorten the sales process significantly
- Improve customer service processes
When you know what they care about, you can deliver a great customer experience that leads to loyal customers.
Loyal customers make growing your business easier
According to an article in Forbes:
- “Loyal customers are 5x more likely to purchase again and 4 times more likely to refer a friend.“
- “The success rate of selling to a customer you already have is 60-70%, while the success rate of selling to a new customer is 5-20%.”
The customer experience (called CX or UX for user experience) makes or breaks your sales.
- A bad one leads to abandoned carts, unsigned contracts, and a lot of frustration.
- A great one leads to loyal customers, repeat business, and less time spent chasing new customers.
Let me repeat something about customer retention I mentioned in a previous episode (in case you didn’t retain it ☺):
- Acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer.
- Increasing customer retention by 5% can increase profits from 25-95%.
- The success rate of selling to a customer you already have is 60-70%, while the success rate of selling to a new customer is 5-20%.
Source: Outbound Engine
Finding the information to create a detailed customer persona for your best customers is easier than you think. Start with what you already know about them and try a few of the tips in the video!